Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Year's Chutney

For New Year's this year I made a few friends tiny jars of raisin-ginger chutney, which Carissa Carman taught me how to make in her Champion Juicer (but any blender will do). Chunkier chutney actually looks less like ca-ca, so blend away...

Goes well with channa masala or any earthy curry; I can eat it by the spoonful. I never measure for this one, just everything to taste:

- raisins (maybe like one big box or a pound bulk or so)
- a hunk of raw ginger, peeled
- 2-4 cloves of raw garlic, you don't need too much
- lime or lemon juice
- water and/or olive oil for consistency, to facilitate blending
- salt to taste (just a bit, it should be much more sweet than salty, just to enhance flavor)
- cayenne powder

blend everything in a blender, food processor, etc. that's it! keeps a few weeks.

No comments: